Only an elite, experienced, caring, and highly trained insurance agent knows how to optimally structure a life insurance policy for cash value accumulation and retirement cash flow. Here are a few questions you may wish to ask your insurance agent.
- What is the AM Best rating on the insurance company they are recommending?
- What is the ownership structure of the insurance company, mutual, private, or public?
- What are the historical rates of returns for various crediting methods offered?
- What rate of return is being used for the illustration?
- Does the illustration solve for a minimum but increasing death benefit?
- Is this a maximally funded policy with provisions for avoiding a MEC?
- Does the policy allow for zero cost policy loans?
- Does the policy allow for index or arbitrage loans?